Monday, December 3, 2012

The Summer I Visited Georgia







      Last summer, my very best friend in the whole entire universe, who I shall call Katie, (don't worry other friends, you are my best friends too) took me to her father's sister's, Katie's aunt, log cabin house. Now you would like to think this is a log cabin, small and quaint, made by hand, sitting in red clay, on the rolling lush mountains of Georgia. Well when we pulled in from the 18 hour drive, I was so shocked. This cabin, has three floors, at least four bedrooms, a huge window (like I am talking huge, like the whole wall was a window) and a enormous downstairs, which was were we stayed. There was two floor deck that took up the whole side of the mansion facing the small pond, which Katie's dog, a goofy English Lab, decided to jump off because he say Katie's dad fishing, but was magically unhurt. This mansion I later learned, they rented out to other vacationers for a large amount of money. Now you are probably thinking that these people are snobby rich people, but in reality, they are so nice, I can't even describe it, they don't have one mean bone in their body. And they paid for most things and her aunt even got me a horse cedar box for my birthday which was the day after we got back from our week in Georgia.  I like gifts and all, and I am very grateful but I absolutely dispise it when someone pays for my meals and such; I like to be independent. 
Anyways, Katie and I had so much fun!! We when horseback riding, tubing, to a red lake(from the mud), shopping, "smuggled" fireworks from Tennessee to set off in the yard, watched parades, went zip lining, had a party, went to farmer's markets, we even went peach picking. Now, as most of you know Georgia is known for it's amazing peaches. They are so juicy, lush, sweet, and fantastic, once you have one, you won't find peaches the same. We even had the best peach pie that we brought back with us to New England! And we even made friends with a nice boy, named Dylan, while we were tubing. Katie and I suspect that he had a crush on us, and yes we were wearing bikinis.... But he was sweet, like a peach! 
 
This trip was literally the best trip of my life, it was also my birthday gift so unless I get a horse, this is on top! And the best part was probably after the trip was over, and the fact we developed southern accents. Katie and her family went to go get peaches and fresh fruit from the farm I adopted my bunny from, and her father asked the lady at the orchard what type of peaches they were allowed to pick (because only some are ripe at certain times). In Georgia, they had atleast five different types of peaches, Belle of Georgia, Fire Something or Others and King Things (and they had Peach Cider and Fried Pies! So yummy!)and more I can't really remember. So in reply to Katie's father, the lady said, "They are peaches, with pits in the middle and stems up top." and Katie just started laughing so hard, since peach people find jokes about their peaches funny. But this lady wasn't joking, she was absolutely sure, this wise cracker man was being a pain and she proceeded to say, "Really, if you don't like peaches, much less know what they are, then don't go peach picking!!" and then she stopped off in anger. When Katie told me this I laughed for a good half hour, I hope I managed to make you smile from this post today, or at least made this post worth reading, because a day with out laughter is a day wasted and why live life if you aren't going to be happy? So read happy things, think happy thoughts, and be a happy person! So Long For Now, Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cat,
    So I originally planned on reading this, then I scrolled down to see how long it was and I'm sort of lazy. When I'm more energetic, I think I'll take the time the read this.. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Megan, you better be saving your energy for that big championship game we have today!
    So Long For Now, Caitlin

    ReplyDelete