Thursday, January 10, 2013

One Last Time Saying Goodbye

 One Last Time


So this week has been pretty rough, since my absolute favorite horse, Shammy, was sold yesterday. I feel like part of my heart has been stolen. My friend said to me the other day, when a door closes, another window opens. But recently all the doors and windows have been slamming shut. Shammy may have been owned by someone else, but he belonged with me. I love you Shammy!</3

Sure do miss that big bay colt,
Who never would have ever dared bolt,
With a white sock, and no star apon his forehead,
Rather an invisible, golden halo over head,
"We always looked elegant together" our instructor said.
I miss his proud head carried high,
I just wish that I had gotten to say goodbye.
I know I will most likely never see him again,
But in my dreams, I will ask, "Oh, where have you been?",
Are your new owners treating you well?
I ask as my eyes begin to swell.
Did you absolutely have to sell?
I wish they would have told me,
So I was able to see,
You one last time.

I should have known they were selling you,
When they were training you Western, Now what beat do you ride to?
I miss they way you got dressed up in you full head winter sheet,
And how your body radiated warmth in the summer heat.
I miss the way you would stick your soft muzzle up and ask for a kiss,
And how seamlessly we wound around through those cones we would never miss.
And how we cantered and mostly trotted,
I am happy with the time we were allotted.
I learned so much from you;
Patience, love, strength, pride, and hard work too.
A special, caring bond that we both shared,
Was something the sellers wouldn't have cared.
I wish they would have told me,
So I was able to see,
You one last time.

I know I will miss you big guy! Good luck in your new home! For one last time, good bye Shammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment